Friday, March 19, 2010

Habitat for Humanity Re-Sell Store

I was watching ionlife this evening. There was several trash to treasure type shows on. Two in a row! Wow the ideas they came up with were endless. It's given me so many great ideas and inspiration. So what I am about to share with you is not a trash to treasure idea that I picked up from the show, but it is pro recycle.

Well, I have been needing a new fridge because mine is on it's way out and I haven't broke down and bought a new one. I don't know why but I dread buying appliances although I need them. It couldn't have to anything with the expense right??? lol Anyway, in this show the objective was to totally do a build out, decorate and furnish this home using only junk they found on the streets, dumpsters, junk yards and such. You get the point. They only had 2k to complete the entire project. A little elbow grease money. Cool show by the way.

To get the appliances they needed they went to a Habitat for Humanity Re-Sell Store. They bought a fridge, a sink, cabinets, a dishwasher, microwave, and a vintage something or other to make a headboard out of. The items they bought were not brand new so it fit their objective. They only spent $600! I had an Oprah Ah ha! moment...So I google searched stores in my area and voola! I was so geekishly excited lol. Yay me. I can score a new fridge for like nothing. Ahhh... being green makes the wallet greener. hehe.

Oh by the way here's the link so you don't have to lift a finger and do a google search yourself. With a click of a button you too can be on your way to Habitat for Humanity Re-Sell Store heaven! ;) Habitat for Humanity Re-Sell Store Heaven (You have to forgive me. I am deliriously tired. Night ya'll.)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Another Person's Trash,

    I have a quick question for you but couldn't find an email address. Please email me back at barbaraobrien@maacenter.org when you get a moment.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great feeling and you are helping the environment.I use a lot of recycled things in my art,for example old glass cooker tops which I use to make mosaics and I love using wood that I find in the streets to make art objects.Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete